Elementary Library Media Center
Melissa Cooper Library Media Specialist
Patty Boyd, Library Media Center Assistant
The mission of the library media program is to enhance student achievement by ensuring that students and staff are competent users and producers of ideas and information and by encouraging a lifelong interest in reading.
The following links are a great resource for science, history, and social studies projects.
Traveler Online Database
It's a free resource site that has access to K-8 World Book, Ebsco, Proquest and many other research sites. FREE for Arkansas residents and provided by AR State Library in cooperation with the State Dept. of Education.
Calico Rock Public Schools has partnered with Learning Ally, a nonprofit organization, to support struggling readers!
- To support our students that struggle with reading standard print
- To bring Learning Ally’s extensive collection of 80,000 human-read audiobooks which match your existing curriculum and reading content
HOW DOES LEARNING ALLY HELP?
- Audiobooks, read by subject matter experts and volunteers, including popular fiction, classic literature, textbooks, test prep and study aids are a download away
- Students listen on computers, phones and other devices using accessible technology with page-level navigation, text highlighting and audio or speed adjustments
- Offers an enjoyable multi-sensory experience where students can spend less time decoding words and instead increase their fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Unlimited student access accounts for qualified students to use in school and at home
- Unlimited audiobook downloads
- Support, training and resources for educators, like Teacher Ally, a web-based audiobook and student management tool and resource center
Calico Rock School District Library/Media Specialist