Calico Rock School District would like to inform everyone that school districts in Arkansas have been granted 5 additional AMI days. We have used 3 of our original 5, therefore we now have 7 days to use. We hope they will not be needed.
However, on Thursday afternoon the Department of Education advised the school districts in Saline, Grant, Pulaski and Jefferson counties to close in response to the six presumptive cases of COVID-19 in central Arkansas. If advised to close, the Calico Rock School District will continue to offer educational opportunities to our students through Alternative Methods of Instruction.
The faculty, staff and administration would like to thank the parents of our students for their cooperation and understanding in these difficult circumstances.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.